Wednesday 2 July 2014

Get to know Beixin


She may be pint-sized, but Beixin isn't one to be taken lightly! If only you could meet her in person, you'd be surprised by this girl who's so full of life! Meet her for the first time and you'll think she's a shy, quiet girl. Hang out with her long enough and woah, it's as if you guys are bffs with tons to chat about!

We've known Beixin for awhile now, and when we heard of her plans to travel to Montigo, we couldn't resist but to request for a lookbook collaboration with her! And so began our exciting partnership - inviting her down to our office to look through our upcoming designs, giggling about like little schoolgirls while trying clothes, and of course, interviewing her for this blog post!

With her constant fashion and lifestyle updates, did you know that Beixin is also a full-time teacher? It still amazes us how she juggles everything with such perfection and professionalism. Not only is Beixin a cool fashionista, she is also a kind-hearted and empathetic teacher who never stops encouraging people to look on the brighter side of things.

So, if you don't already know Beixin, it's about time! All pictures in this post are courtesy of Beixin!






Tell us more about yourself!
I'm a full-time teacher at a local secondary school with a penchant for fashion, which is why I have an Instagram account (@beixin) and blog dedicated largely to fashion!

Gosh, how is it like to be both a teacher and a blogger?
I think I am one of the very first to do both of these at the same time, and I can understand why. Having to juggle between teaching and blogging can be very exhausting, especially when one is a perfectionist (like me) and insists that both are done well. But as much as I talk about being tired or not having enough free time, I wouldn't have it any other way. I truly love what I do - both blogging and teaching!




What do you do with your free time?
I hardly have any free time! But when I do, I'm either at home spending some rare quality time with my family or enjoying a meal out with my friends.

What urged you to start blogging, and how has it progressed so far?
I started blogging when I was in secondary school, but it was very personal then: I'd blog whenever I liked, about anything I liked - friendships, relationships, daily happenings and what-not. It only turned towards fashion when I was in university. I was on a holiday (somewhere in Malaysia, if I remember correctly) and I decided to post a photo of my outfit in the hotel room mirror. The response was really good, much to my own surprise (I swear I thought people would get turned off by my face, especially since my Instagram was mostly of food then), and I got quite a number of compliments and people asking me about my outfit! Slowly, I had brands approaching me wanting me to wear their labels or endorse their products, and it started from there.



What's the best thing that's happened to you as a result of blogging?
I think the best thing about blogging has to be that I get to meet many amazing people with great personalities and talents - like you guys from Ellysage, for instance!


Follow Beixin

No comments:

Post a Comment